At Hotel Spa Rancho La Pitaya we have the advantage of a privileged location in the municipality of Apaseo El Grande, bordered with San Miguel de Allende and Celaya, two of the main tourist cities of the state of Guanajuato. We’re also located 10 minutes away from the city of Queretaro, with a large variety of tourist attractions and places to visit at your disposal.
Apaseo El Grande
Numerous haciendas, temples and chapels are common scenery in Apaseo El Grande, a municipality known for having the Charreria as a traditional sport and activity and for dressing in colors to celebrate the traditional Fiestas de San Juan every June.
Places to visit:
- Palacio de Herrera: It’s an imposing colonial building from the XVIII century, currently without access to the public.
- Templo and Ex Convento Franciscano: It’s a XVI neoclassic style old precinct from the XVI century with several chapels.
- Ixtla: This is a community of Apaseo El Grande, known for its numerous chapels (over 30).
The beautiful city of Santiago de Queretaro, commonly known just as Queretaro, is the capital of the state and municipality with the same names. It was declared World Cultural Heritage by UNESCO, due in its historic downtown there are magnificent temples, buildings, big houses, museums and old streets; the colonial city receives with open arms the domestic and international tourism.
Places to Visit:
- The Historical Center of Queretaro was declared Human Heritage by UNESCO.
- Plaza de Armas: Where you can admire the statue of Marques de la Villa del Villar del Aguila, builder of the city aqueduct.
- Museo Regional de Queretaro: Currently Museo de San Francisco.